Generations of ranch workers raised their families in homes that are still found on the East Ranches. Many families worked these lands for generations. While most of the names and faces are lost to history, those that lived here were all part of building the East Ranch Legacy. These illustrations, all by artist Neva Rossi, are part of the East Ranch Legacy Collection.
Reed Ranch - San Antonio Viejo
On the land that T.T. East purchased from J.P. Reed in 1920, much of the 17,137-acre Reed Ranch is part of what was originally the Santa Domingo de Arriba, granted to Antonio Yzaguirre by the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico on November 16, 1831.
Casa Verde - San Antonio Viejo
On the estate of Mary Premont, the Casa Verde sits within 8,485 acres gifted to St. Edwards University in 1951. This land was leased and operated by the East Brothers for many years, and finally purchased by the East Family in 1966.
La Perla - San Antonio Viejo
In the heart of what was the original Spanish Land Grant of San Antonio Viejo, the La Perla was a favorite location for the East Family. The surrounding 23,794 acres was purchased by T.T. East from Virginia Cox de Guerra in 1915. Most of this land was originally titled to Xavier Vela by the Spanish Crown in 1809. The house at La Perla is located along the traditional military route from Roma to Randado.
Agua Dulce - San Antonio Viejo
Located on 19,322 acres that T.T. East purchased in 1915 from former Texas Ranger Sam Lane, the house at Agua Dulce is on land that was part of the Santa Domingo de Arriba, granted to Antonio Yzaguirre by the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico on November 16, 1831.
Blanco House - San Antonio Viejo
Located on 19,322 acres that T.T. East purchased in 1915 from former Texas Ranger Sam Lane, the Blanco house features a chimney having a King Ranch “Running W” brand inside an East “Lazy Diamond” brand, thus signifying the period from 1922 to 1956 when San Antonio Viejo was part of King Ranch.